6 Reasons to Own Your Own Home
- Autonomy: Unlike a rental property, a home you own is yours to do what you
want with. You can decorate it as you please and you’re free to move out
whenever you feel like it.
- Appreciation: Real estate values tend to increase over the long term. Real estate
has historically been one of the more stable investment opportunities available.
And in many cases, when you sell, you do not need to pay capital gains tax on
appreciation that you realize in your home.
- Equity: When you pay rent on an apartment or other rental property, you do not
normally gain any ownership interest in that property. Conversely, with a home
loan, you are paying down your debt over time and adding to your equity stake.
- Predictability of payments: Unlike rent, mortgage loan payments often stay the
same over time – meaning that your payments are predictable.
- Stability: Remaining in one neighborhood for several years gives you the chance
to establish roots. You and your family can make friends, attend schools and join
in community activities with the peace of mind that you own your own home.
- Tax deductions: The IRS normally allows you to deduct certain home-related items – such as interest payments, property taxes and certain closing costs.
Real Estate Buying Articles
- Real Estate Buying Guide
- Home Buying Questions to Consider
- 6 Reasons to Own Your Own Home
- The Real Estate Loan Application Process
- Mortgage Loan Interview Checklist
- Hiring a Home Inspector
- Home Inspection Checklist
- Moving Checklist
- Packing Tips
- New Construction Homes
Charlotte NC Links of Interest
- Charlotte Real Estate Services
- Charlotte NC Schools
- Charlotte Real Estate Background
- Charlotte NC Newspapers
- Charlotte NC - Things to Do
- Charlotte, NC Property Tax Rates
- Charlotte Condos, Townhomes & Townhouses
- Charlotte GIS and Real Estate Data
- Charlotte-Area Chambers of Commerce
If you’re in the market for Lake Norman or Charlotte, NC real estate, then we can help. We serve towns such as Charlotte, Mooresville, Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Concord, Denver, Kannapolis and Statesville.